Garden Grill....amazing or eeeh?

Hi Pixies! My gosh it has been a while and it feels amazing to be back! I have missed you, and hopefully you have missed me too. I recently went to the Garden Grill in Epcot for dinner, this post will be my thoughts on the meal and the experience as a whole. Garden Grill is a Family Style Character dining found in The Land Pavilion in Epcot. The Garden Grill features some of my favorite characters; Chip N' Dale (YAAASSS), Pluto, and Mickey. I have been once before for breakfast and had the most amazing time that I wanted to try it again for dinner. Did I enjoy dinner as much as breakfast? I guess you will have to read on to find out!

Let me just start off by saying that the character experiences I have had at Garden Grill are not like any others I have had on property. In most character dining you feel very rushed to get your photos with the characters that you don't really get the whole experience and quirkiness of the characters. Garden Grill is the complete opposite, at least from my two experiences, we as a group who took a lot of pictures were never rushed to take them and the characters stuck around at the table for a bit to "hang out". It is seriously amazing to be able to get your own private experience, and it is truly the best character dining experience I have had on property thus far. 10/10 recommend if you want a KILLER character interaction.


Did I mention that the whole restaurant is rotating?! That's right, as you are dinning your table, and all of the others around you, are slowly going in a circle. I get very motion sick and this did not bother me one bit throughout the meal/experience, so if you are prone to motion sickness I would not be too concerned (this isn't Teacups lol), however I can not guarantee it will not bother you. I just think this is an amazing touch to the restaurant, you see areas of the Living with the Land ride, and awesome murals, it is very unique.

1st Course: Salad & rolls with whipped butter. This salad was so light and fresh with a dash of vinaigrette dressing, mixed greens, ham, olives, and some diced veggies.

The rolls were golden and supper fluffy with butter on the side that had the perfect whipped consistency (but can whipped butter ever not be perfect?).


2nd Course: Entree. Let's start off with the mac n' cheese that is topped with goldfish, yes you read that right, goldfish. Talk about a combo! Although I was not thrilled by this mac n' cheese I did love the goldfish, it added a nice crunch to the creaminess.

French fries are also served on the same platter as the mac n' cheese. They seemed to be just like regular park fries you could find at Casey's or other QS places, I do not think they were completely necessary for the dinner but nonetheless I ate some because, hello my name is Kaley and I love fries.

THE SKILLET. This skillet held everything else you were severed with dinner, entree wise. It felt like Thanksgiving all over again, usually Thanksgiving food is not my jam, but I cannot deny that this food was awesome. Green beans, pot roast, turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes (because who doesn't want 20 starches at dinner), stuffing, apple chutney, and pulled pork, OH MY! The mash was so creamy, the meats were tender and melted in your mouth, the stuffing was great, the green beans tasted amazingly fresh. Everything surprised me, as I said I do not usually like Thanksgiving food, but for being at a Disney Character Dining and for tasting as fresh as it did, I was pretty satisfied with my meal thus far. Would I be even more satisfied if it wasn't turkey, stuffing, green beans, mashed potatoes and everything else, probably. But, for what it was that evening, I left happy. I have heard that the menu does change throughout the year, so I would love to go back and see what else they have to offer.

3rd Course (and most important): Desert: If you know me, you know I have a sweet tooth like no other and I am proud of it. I cannot end a day without some sort of sweet treat, and I do not plan to change that anytime soon. Starting off with the berry shortcake that is served with vanilla bean whipped cream. I think this up there on my list of top favorite deserts at WDW because WOW, this shortcake was so sweet, so berrylicious, and soooooooo yummy!!! The picture speaks for itself, this cake is to die for (literally I would feed my boyfriend to Chip N' Dale for it, hi John).

Next, are these supper soft and moist sugar cookies with the cutest pastel mickey sprinkles! Again, very delicious. I think I liked the shortcake better because of it's uniqueness but, these cookies were great if you are a more plain desert eater or don't want something as big as the short cake. Nonetheless, I would eat them again in a heartbeat.

By now, I am sure your mouth is watering from the looks of this amazing meal so GO TRY IT!! Get yourself a reservation, go have fun with some characters, and have a great meal! I know I am beating a dead horse at this point but, this is by far one of the best character dining experiences I have had on property, if not the best. I hope you have enjoyed reading me gush about the meal and I would love to hear of your experiences at the Garden Grill. Until next time Pixies!


Comments