Pin Trading at WDW

These next few blog posts I am sure are going to be my favorite to write, and also probably your favorite to read. I will be talking about all of my Disney "collections"! Starting off the series right, in this post I am going to be talking about the probably the most popular collection throughout WDW..PIN TRADING! My collection, and let's be honest, addiction, started roughly six months ago. I bought one mystery pack and was instantly hooked. Before I get into mystery packs and my collection, let's start with the basics.



Pin trading can be done by purchasing a few pins to get your collection started and then approaching cast members in a friendly manner, and asking them if you may take a look at their pins to see if you want to trade one of yours for one of theirs. Almost all cast members wear lanyards or side pouches with pins on them and are all super excited when approached about a possible pin trade. There are also pin boards randomly throughout the park that will have pins for trade on them as well.


Pins can be purchased at almost all shops round Disney property. You can purchase rack pins, pins that you can see on the rack and know exactly what you are purchasing, or mystery pin packs. Mystery pin packs can be fun and exhilarating, but also frustrating if you do not receive the pin you were looking for. Rack pins generally range from $10.00-$17.00, prices do vary depending on the pin itself and if it is a limited edition or limited release pin. Mystery packs are usually more expensive because they include more than one pin, as opposed to the rack pins which are more than likely a single pin.


Diving deeper into pin trading and searching for the hidden gems is why I personally love it so much. I collect basically any pin I think is cute, but I am mostly on the lookout for Stitch or Chip n' Dale. When I pin trade I am generally trying to complete a collection. Within the mystery packs especially you will get pins that are apart of a collection, usually consisting of 3-8 pins. In the picture below you can see my Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party collection, and my hidden Mickey macaroons collection, to name a couple.



If you find that you are wanting more out of your personal collection, I would suggest heading to Instagram. There a bunch of trustworthy shops who sell rare pins, limited edition pins, and older pins that can no longer be found in the parks. I have completed a few of my collections via Instagram purchases. As long as you use a trustworthy payment site, such as Paypal, and feel comfortable enough doing so, you can find some really cool pins.



Pin trading takes a lot of patience in order to complete collections, but it also takes a lot of detective skills to really dig for the pin you are longing for. "One mans trash is another mans treasure", is my favorite quote to use when describing pin trading. You may find some people are looking to complete the same collection you are, but you may also find pins that people traded to get rid of  because it was not what they needed for their collection, but it is what you may need for yours! If you want to know more about a pin you may have come across, or are just curious about all the different pins Disney has to offer, head on over to this site, it is my go-to to find out how rare a pin is, or to see what other pins I need in order to complete a collection. They also offer an abundance of information on how to get your collection started and when new pins are being released in the parks. Until next time Pixies, happy pin trading!


Comments