Lunch at The Edison

The Edison is a recently opened restaurant in Disney Springs. The Edison features American style food, with a heck of an industrial theme! I am not going to lie I had high hopes for The Edison and unfortunately I was disappointed. Luckily, it was not just me trying the food so I had some other input as well, and again they all thought the food was just "OK". However, I will say the restaurant was aesthetically pleasing, like this giant clock you see as soon as you enter. When that clock strikes 10, The Edison becomes an adults only restaurant with nightly entertainment.


Let's start with drinks, me being a minor, I tried two of their mocktails. I had the Smoke & Mirrors (giffard ogreat, pineapple, fresh citrus $7) and the Apple Propellant (fresh cider, lemon, honey, ginger, and ginger ale $7). The Smoke & Mirrors was not as flavorful as I had hoped and was truly a little bland. The Apple Propellant had a very strong apple flavor but I didn't taste much of the other elements that went into the drink as well. All in all, I would probably not order these drinks again, I may try one of the others The Edison offers, but I just was not thrilled with these overpriced juices.


The appetizers were my favorite part of the whole meal and I would totally order both of these again. We tried the the Deviled Eggs (crisp potatoes $12)  and the DB 'Clothesline Candied Bacon (maple, black pepper, and sour pickle $14). I was basically shocked when I tried the Deviled Eggs and liked them, they had a small kick to them and also had some crispy potatoes on the top for a little crunch. Deviled eggs are usually the same no matter where you go, but I think The Edison did a great job with adding the crunchy and spicy elements, 10/10 in my book. The Candied Bacon stole the show for me, again a little spicy because of black pepper but they gave you a fruit and mustard jam sauce (mustarda) that was a little sweeter to balance out the spiciness. The bacon was the perfect mix of sweet and spicy and was a nice thick strip of meat. If you are only going to try one appetizer, TRY THE BACON,  you will not be disappointed and if you are, there is no harm in trying something once (am I right?).


Onto entrees, we ordered the Organic Tomato Soup & Goey Grilled Cheese (fontina, muenster, gruyere, apline swiss, on buttered sourdough $18), The Edison (signature beef blend of sirloin, shortrib + brisket, cabot cloth bound cheddar onion rings, smoked bacon, house made pickles, lettuce, tomato, special sauce, with fries $19), and the Media Noche (classic cuban, pork, ham, swiss, pickle, yellow mustard on toasted bread $19).
Organic Tomato Soup & Goey Grilled Cheese 


The soup tasted like Campbell's, nothing special there, and the grilled cheese was somewhat soggy either from the amount of cheese or the amount of butter used to toast it. The grilled cheese was very messy to eat and practically fell apart. The fries were the best thing about the burger. The "special sauce" was more like a mix of mayo and ketchup, nothing special at all about that. And the meat was just "OK". As said, the fries were the best part and they were actually pretty darn good. As far as the cuban, there is really no complaints about it, it was just like any other cuban you can find. I am not sure if I would order the cuban again because I typically order items at restaurants that I can only get there. If you make a classic sandwich I expect some sort of twist or for it to be really good, this was sub-par.
The Edison


I tried to be as nice as I possibly could when it came to critiquing the food, but all in all I was not impressed. If it weren't for the appetizers I don't think I would go back. I would totally not go back for lunch, but I would be willing to give dinner a try. A few additional notes, the lunch menu was fairly small so there was not a great selection to choose from and, in my opinion, the food was overpriced. However, if you are an annual passholder you do get your discount there, but again it really wasn't even worth the price after the discount either. Give The Edison a try for yourself, I would love to hear your thoughts on it! Check out what The Disney Food Blog had to say about The Edison here.  Also, Disney Tourist Blog gave their thoughts in a post here. That is all for now! Until next time Pixies!

Comments