Why Inside Walt's Vault?

Hello everyone! I know many of my friends and family have all been wondering the same things, "Why a blog?", "Why about Disney?", "Why is it called Inside Walt's Vault?". I am here to answer these questions today and am so excited to share said answers with you! Over the last fall semester, I was really unhappy with school and the direction I was taking. I was dreading going to class and began to hate school. Spending at least one day a week at Walt Disney World, it was really the only thing I ever looked forward to.



I began searching for corporate Disney jobs online, out of pure curiosity, and came across a position they were hiring for called, Head of Social Media, or something along the lines. The basic over view of the job was reaching out the mass audience Disney has, and managing aspects of their social media. I instantly fell in love. I began looking at what the qualifications were, and after several days of researching, I decided to change my major to Public Relations. I am sure you are wondering; "what does this have to do with anything?", the answer is simple.. the reason for this is the reason I am here, writing this post, right now. After deciding on PR, I signed up for my Spring semester, which is now, and am taking an amazing writing for social media course. This course has really given me the push I needed to get serious about starting a blog, which has always been a dream of mine.This blog will be overflowing with every aspect of Disney I love and want to share with anyone and everyone! As I mentioned before, I have been going to WDW at least once a week for a little over a year now, I basically consider myself an expert in all things Disney...lol. This blog will feature things such as food you can get around the parks, to different festivals/events going on, new Disney movies, Disney style, and much, much more!

 I have to thank my equally as Disney obsessed boyfriend for helping me come with the name for this blog. A little back story, I was originally going to make this blog all about Disney movies and my extensive collection, but then I realized there is so much more I want to share, I could not just chose one category to talk about every week! Inside Walt's Vault came from the terminology Disney uses when a classic movie gets put back out for purchase, these movies are, "Outside the Vault". I believe Disney does this so that the movie may been seen by younger audiences, as we had seen it when we were younger. Check out this post by Movie Mezzanine, it goes into more detail about the vault and what others have had to say about it.  There you have it, the name Inside Walt's Vault was born, because isn't that how everyone feels when they step foot into the Magic Kingdom....you actually just stepped into Walt's Vault (eeeeeepppp!!!). I hope everyone is just as excited about this blog as I am to be creating it. I cannot wait to share all things magical with you! Until next time pixies!

Comments